TAG Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm serving Public Housing Authorities and non-profit clients across the country. We provide financial and development consulting for affordable housing projects. We seek an individual who is passionate about affordable housing, and excited to undertake engagements that serve a public good. The right candidate will have strong research, writing, and spreadsheet skills, as well as the abilities to work as a part of a small team and learn on the job.
The Research Associate will work with senior staff to take part in transformative real estate initiatives across the country involving public and private actors. Our varied and dynamic projects provide safe, reliable, affordable housing to lower income communities, and ensure long-term commitments to affordable housing provision from clients and partners. Due to our small size and collaborative approach, Research Associates will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of deals across a broad spectrum. As such, our new team member can expect to learn about the real estate industry, housing development, government regulations, and gain skills in real estate finance, negotiation, and policy.
Cover Letter is required for application.
- Researching state and federal housing and funding regulations and applying findings to on-going and impending real estate deals
- Procuring state and federal funding for housing development projects on behalf of clients
- Taking part in all aspects of the pre-development process for new and rehabilitated affordable housing projects; from conception to financial closing
- Performing financial analysis and document review of pending and potential real estate deals
- Organizing and manipulating data-sets for clients with large portfolios
- Assisting with proposals to engage new clients
- Writing memos summarizing recommendations based on analysis
- Strong interest in affordable housing and real estate development
- Microsoft Office Suite, and Excel skills
- Understanding of basic financial concepts such as mortgages and interest rates
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, self-manage, and be proactive
- Ability to travel to out-of-state clients, when needed
- Demonstrated experience with real estate development or affordable housing
- Excel modeling experience
- Knowledge of real estate finance (either professional or through coursework)
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degrees in: Planning, Finance, Real Estate
*Please Submit a Resume and Cover Letter with Application in order to be considered for the Research Associate position.
Thank you for your interest in TAG Associates Inc. and please note that only those applicants that fit the needs and experience of our company will be contacted further.
Job Type: Full-time
TAG Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm serving Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) and non-profit clients across the country. We provide financial, management, and development consulting for affordable housing projects.
We are seeking an individual with experience in the real estate development and/or affordable housing sector. The right candidate will have strong financial modeling skills, have knowledge of the regulations and funding programs related to affordable housing development, and be dedicated to the goal of providing safe, decent housing for lower-income individuals and families.
TAG’s areas of expertise include the planning, development, and administration of public and subsidized housing; capital improvement planning and management; PHA financial management systems and programs; operations and organizational assessments; and training programs. As such, the Associate will work on a variety of transformative real estate initiatives involving the public and private sectors.
Cover Letter is required for application
- Generating development pro formas and budgets for affordable housing projects with a range of capital sources and forms of rental assistance, including the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, bond financing, and Project-Based Rental Assistance
- Identifying funding sources and opportunities and working with teams of PHA staff; federal, local, and state officials; lenders and investors; architects, engineers, and sub-consultants; and counsel to creatively and effectively meet underwriting and program requirements.
- Applying for a range of grants, loans, and credits, including Federal Home Loan Bank loans and LIHTCs
- Evaluating and negotiating terms and financial structuring for projects with lenders, investors and developers partners.
- Analyzing project feasibility for mixed-finance, -income, and -use projects and providing recommendations on financial sources and project structuring
- Producing memos summarizing recommendations to clients
- Strategic planning, operational planning and organizational consulting
- Client and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree Preferred
- 2 years of professional experience in affordable housing, urban planning, real estate development, or financial services
- Knowledge of public and affordable housing development and policy
- Ability to generate and analyze pro formas, budgets, and financial data
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally and collaborate with a range of parties involved in housing development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel for work and meet with clients
- Degree in: Real Estate Development, Finance, Urban Planning
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Tara Lines, Resource Manager: tlines[at]tagassociatesinc.com. Salaries are commensurate with experience. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time