TAG Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm serving public and assisted housing provider clients seeks an individual with strong analytical, research, spreadsheet and writing skills to work on consultant projects geared toward government financial, housing operations and real estate development projects.
The Research Associate (RA) works on multiple projects for multiple public housing and non-profit clients, assisting and supporting senior staff. RA works both on site at TAG office in Norwood, MA, as well at client locations, most of which are out of state.
Typical work involves performing a variety of housing regulation related research, writing briefing memos, performing analyses to support client solutions. Areas of focus will likely include conducting budget analysis, learning and assisting with analysis and recommendations in support of client housing development and/or acquisition projects, cost benefit analyses related to ongoing multi-family housing operations, among others. Successful candidate will learn a great deal about the real estate industry, housing development, government regulations and management consulting. Strong computer skills preferred, including Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project.
*Please Submit a Resume and Cover Letter with Application in order to be considered for the Research Associate position.
Thank you for your interest in TAG Associates Inc. and please note that only those applicants that fit the needs and experience of our company will be contacted further.
Job Type: Full-time
• Office suite: 1 year
TAG Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm that provides technical assistance to Public Housing Authorities (PHA) and other public agencies across the United States. The firm supports the goal of providing safe, decent housing for lower-income individuals and families and is a leader in developing self-development capacity at PHAs. TAG’s areas of expertise include the planning, development, and administration of public and subsidized housing; capital improvement planning and management; PHA financial management systems and programs; operations and organizational assessments; and training programs.
TAG is currently seeking to hire an Associate with strong analytical, financial, and writing skills. She/he will work on a range of real estate development and strategic planning projects. The Associate will work closely with TAG senior staff and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Generating development pro forma and budgets for developments with a range of capital sources and forms of rental assistance, including the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, bond financing, and Project-Based Vouchers
- Identifying financial sources and opportunities and working with a team of PHA staff; federal, local, and state officials; lenders and investors; architects, engineers, and sub-consultants; and counsel to creatively and effectively meet underwriting and program requirements
- Applying for a range of grants, loans, and credits, including Federal Home Loan Bank loans and LIHTCs
- Working with TAG President to evaluate and negotiate lender and LIHTC investor terms for RAD projects
- Analyzing project feasibility for mixed-finance, -income, and -use projects and providing recommendations on financial sources and project structuring
- Researching, analyzing data, and producing reports on a variety of topics related to housing development or agency-wide policy
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in relevant field; a combination of a Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in affordable housing, community development, lending, or finance will also be considered
- Knowledge of and passion for public and affordable housing development and policy
- Ability to generate and analyze pro forma, budgets, and financial data
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally and collaborate with a range of parties involved in housing development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel for work and meet with clients
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Tara Lines, Resource Manager. Salaries are commensurate with experience. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time