Job Type Programmatic/Project Management
Contact Name Tracy Laughlin
Contact Email email@example.com
TAG is currently seeking to hire an Associate with strong analytical, financial, and written skills. He/She will work on real estate development and strategic planning projects. The Associate will work closely with TAG senior staff and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Generate development pro forma and budgets for projects with a range of capital sources and forms of rental assistance, including the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Bond Financing, and Project-Based Vouchers
- Identify financial sources and prospects while working with a team of PHA staff; federal, local, and state officials; lenders and investors; architects, engineers, and sub-consultants; and counsel to creatively and effectively meet underwriting and program requirements
- Apply for grants, loans, and credits, including Federal Home Loan Bank loans and LIHTCs
- Assist in evaluating and negotiating lender and LIHTC investor terms.
- Analyze project feasibility providing recommendations on project structuring.
- Research and analyze data, and produce reports on topics related to affordable housing development trends, regulations and policies at the local, state and federal levels.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related field (urban planning, real estate, community development, finance)
- Minimum two years professional experience in affordable housing, real estate development, community development, lending, or finance.
- Knowledge of and a passion for public and affordable housing development and policy
- Ability to generate and analyze pro forma, budgets, and financial data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing as well as collaborate with a range of parties involved in housing development including officers and government officials
- Willingness to travel for work and meet with client
Salary based on experience
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 9am to 5:30pm
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing after two years
- 10 paid holidays a year
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume without cover letter will not be considered.